Upper Leacock Township encourages the following methods of leaf disposal in lieu of burning:
- All permitted haulers in Upper Leacock Township are required to offer leaf pick-up. Call your hauler to find out what procedure for leaf pick-up they provide. Please note: Most likely, there will be an additional charge for this service.
- See if a farmer that resides close to you will accept leaves.
- Contract with a local landscaper to haul/dispose of the leaves.
- Purchase a mulching lawn mower to mulch leaves and return the nutrients back to the soil.
- Purchase a composter to compost the leaves which can be used as mulch for your flower beds in the spring.
- Upper Leacock Township residents are permitted to take their leaves to the compost facility in West Earl Township on Locust Street in Talmage. You may purchase a card for entry to the compost facility at the West Earl Township office.
- Other compost facilities are located in Manheim Township and Salisbury Township.