Upper Leacock Township encourages the following methods of leaf disposal in lieu of burning:
- All permitted haulers in Upper Leacock Township are required to offer leaf pick-up. Call your hauler to find out what procedure for leaf pick-up they provide.
- You can take your leaves to the West Earl Compost Facility. We no longer sell the access cards at the office, but you can purchase them from the West Earl Township municipal building at 157 West Metzler Road Brownstown PA, 17508
- See if a farmer that resides close to you will accept leaves.
- Contract with a local landscaper to haul/dispose of the leaves.
- Purchase a mulching lawn mower to mulch leaves and return the nutrients back to the soil.
- Purchase a composter to compost the leaves which can be used as mulch for your flower beds in the spring.
- Other compost facilities are located in Manheim Township and Salisbury Township.