Thanks to all the volunteers that helped with the river clean-up, a total of 5.37 TONS of trash was removed from the Conestoga River this past weekend. Helping the community and environment is what we strive to do! :)
In observance of Lancaster Water Week, the Lancaster County Conservancy is hosting a river clean up event along the Conestoga on Saturday, June 9th from 9:00am-1:00pm. Join this organization and dozens of volunteers in cleaning up trash and debris polluting our waterways. There are 7 different locations to choose from, which are listed below:
- North Conestoga Drive (Lancaster City)
- Reedy Lane (Lancaster City) - easily accessible and walkable.
- Quarry Road/Snakehill Road/Mill Dam (Upper Leacock Township) - access to the river is slightly difficult due to rocky terrain with slightly steep banks.
- Community Park & Stone Quarry Park (West Earl Township)
- Pitney Road at bridge (Gilbert’s Automotive) & King Street (East Lampeter Township) - easily accessible and walkable.
- Millersville Preserve (Manor Township)
- Windolph Landing Park (Lancaster Township)
If you are interested in volunteering or want more information, visit the Lancaster Water Week website.